Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday after our nice visit from Mandy and Joey (they stopped by on their way to Pittsburg), we decided to get the hell out of the house. We suprised Delia, we just told her we were going to the mall. She and I checked out the perfume counter at Belk. She likes Princess by Vera Wang. It comes in a crystal heart shaped bottle. The lady at the counter told us the difference between eau de parfum and eau de toilette. The biggest difference is $$$ per bottle! We didn't get much farther than that because Keith came in and found us, and he was waving three pairs of 3D glasses around. Tickets to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D!

I think Brenden Fraiser is pretty cute, and while he's not quite a compelling as Harrison Ford, he does usually star in a fun flick, and this was no exception. The plot was pretty splotchy, but the special effects made up for it. The movie was blissfully unaware of the laws of physics, which was ok by me. I cried during the sad parts, jumped out of my skin during the scary parts, nibbled on my fingernails during the suspenseful parts, and generally had a rolicking good time. Every time something bad would happen (the characters would get separated, for instance) and I would let out a little gasp or sob, Delia would lean over and tell me "it's going to be alright Mom, I'm pretty sure I saw it in the previews that they meet back up soon." At least this response is more compassionate than her usual "Oh God Mom, quit blubbering!"

One of my favorite lines in the movie was when the three intrepid adventurers find themselves in a new cave glittering with gemstones embedded in the walls (never mind that gemstones don't glitter like that till they've been polished). The kid says "Ohh, look, diamonds!" The girl says "Rubies!" The scientist says, with the same amount of wonder, "Feldspar!" My kind of hero. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My parents took Tristan and they loved it. I am dying to see it.