Monday, May 18, 2009

What we did with our weekend

Friday we hosted a cookout. You can read all about it over on Husband's Blog.

Saturday I got up early, went to work, came home, took a NAP! Later Keith and Delia were having so much fun just puttering around relaxing that I decided to go see a movie by myself. I really rarely go do much all alone except grocery shopping. It was rather nice to move through the world independent of everyone. I sat in the front of the theater, which we never do when we go as a family. I left before the credits were over, which again, we almost never do unless someone has to pee really bad. The only unsatisfying part of the outing was the actual movie. I cannot recommend Angels & Demons to anyone. The book was OK, and I thought The Davinci Code was bad enough to be funny, so that's why I picked it. This movie was boring. Period. Uninspired, trite, wooden, predictable, all of those words are too interesting to describe Angels & Demons. It sucked, but not in the way that I wanted it to suck.

After the movie I met some friends out for drinks and ended up at Vice Versa for a drag show. That was fun, but there were only 2 performers. I like that club, but their drinks are kinda expensive and kinda weak. So I supplemented with $5 vodka shots. Um, yeah, I woke up Sunday with a headache. Such is the peril of going out!

Sunday was a lazy day, each resident here pursued his/her own guilty pleasure. This meant World of Warcraft for Keith, watching TV for Delia, and reading the last 300 pages of The Redemption of Althalus for me. I also took a break and with a little help from Delia made myself a vial of perfume.

No comments: