Monday, January 18, 2010

Reading Resolutions

Read a book you think you'll hate in 2010

Why you should get out of your literary comfort zone this year, by Laura Miller


The book club I am in has over the past year kind of devolved into a getting together and drinking beer club, not really talking about books so much. Which is sad, because sharing books was one of the things that brought us all together in the first place. That, and our love of beer...

So, I resolve to put more Books into the Book Club, and also to keep a journal of the books I read. And, as Laura Miller suggests in her article above, I will get out of my comfort zone a little and read books that I normally wouldn't. Which is what the Book Club girls help me do, because they all pick out books that I would never think to pick up, but often end up liking.

I haven't started reading anything so far in 2010, because I have been knitting an awful lot and it is impossible to do that and read at the same time. I have The Coyote Road, Be Expert With Map & Compass, and The Artist's Way, all waiting for me to jump in and read them, but I reckon they'll get in line behind Knitting Over The Edge, by Nicky Epstein, because I have yarn on the brain.

What are your Reading Resolutions for 2010? Did you read any fantastic books in 2009? Leave me a comment and let me know!





No comments: