Friday, December 16, 2011

So many Questions

Here we go!

I was directed to this blog earlier today by a friend on Facebook. He shared the latest post, 30 things to stop doing to yourself with a friend, and I read them and saw that they were good. So I looked back over some of Marc and Angels recent posts and came across the 95 Questions. Maybe that is too many for me and my rather short attention span. Maybe it is just what I need to get focused on my very own Meaning And Happiness. Anyway, it was plenty to get me started thinking and writing, and if all it does for you is make you think about things, then I'd say it has indeed done some kind of good. Since I can't post any pictures of my frantic holiday knitting till after the gifts are passed out, this is what I am typing to give my poor tendonitis elbows a different kind of activity...

  1. In one sentence, who are you? I am a Bread Baker, a Thing Maker, a Hike Taker, somebody's mother and somebody's wife, not necessarily in that order.
  2. Why do you matter? Everyone matters, and besides, nobody else can make the brioche properly.
  3. What is your life motto? Keep putting one foot in front of the other, do what must be done, and lift your arms up above your head and breathe deeply while you're walking that way.
  4. What’s something you have that everyone wants? The perfect, storybook, One True Love.
  5. What is missing in your life? Oh gee, some people who are dead, maybe a person or two who never got born, maybe a closeness to other people that I just can't manage to achieve... and possibly some superpowers I might have if only I had been brave enough to do the really hard drugs... But they say you can't miss what you never knew, so I am 3/4 OK.
  6. What’s been on your mind most lately? Whether a future of monastic seclusion could be a workable goal. Or, how I could train myself not to cringe away from the general public.
  7. Happiness is a ________? Happiness is a long brisk walk in a quiet woods.

There are 95 questions, I might tackle some more in the future, but please feel free to answer some yourself. Make it a meme, make it a blogthing that you do in conjunction with me, do it on a sheet of notebook paper that you keep folded up in your pocket. If you put it on the internet, leave me a comment with your link!

No comments: