Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Buttermilk Cake

This is a nice, homey little bit of cake that I decided to make to use up some buttermilk I had.  With fresh strawberries and ice cream it is the bomb.  Also pretty tasty  by itself.
  • 1/2 c. butter, room temperature
  • 2 c. brown sugar
Cream these two thoroughly  I like the good old fashioned wooden spoon.

Mix in 2 room temperature eggs, one at a time, till incorporated. Add 2t. of vanilla.

Gradually stir in 2 cups of room temperature buttermilk till smooth.

  • 3 c. flour
  • 2 t. baking soda
  • scant t. salt
Stir in the dry ingredients till incorporated.

Pour into the prepared pan of your choice.  I just did them in 24 cupcakes with paper liners, but I might try a greased 9 x 13 pan next time.

Bake in a moderate oven (350) for about 20 minutes (for cupcakes) till done according to the toothpick test. 

No comments: