Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Letter to Jack Burton



Dear Jack,

Thank you so much for waking me up at 7am on my day off. At first I was a little annoyed with you, you could have been a bit gentler and maybe sat on my head like Nerfa does, or possibly you might have licked my eyelids. The whole pouncing on my stomach from some indeterminate great height thing was completely unnecessary. There was no one around to see me flail awake so dramatically - Husband must have been trying really hard to stay asleep. I was mad. But I got over it.


You Jack, are so much better than that ungrateful rat dog, who bit Delia yesterday. She was calm when she got home from her Grandma's, so I didn't really think anything about the incident till bedtime when she changed into pajamas. That rotten beast really hurt her, the bruise on her leg is three inches across and the skin is split in the middle. I really felt sick to my stomach. If that animal was a different breed, that bite could have put her in hospital. I have said it before, I will say it again, I hate that dog, Jack, more than I have ever hated any living thing including humans who have injured me personally. But enough hate Jack, didn't mean to go off on that tangent.



I love you Jack, in all your rambunctious kitten hood. It was kind of funny last night how you kept climbing Steve to get to your perch on the bookshelf. And even though you had just used him as a ladder, Steve still seemed surprised when you leapt from the bookshelf onto his stack of shiny character sheets, sending them flying. I tried to lock you in the bathroom, hoping you would take your frustrations out on the Majestic Palm instead of my GameGeeks, but you let yourself out in record time. No mortal door can hold you, Jack Burton.


If you hadn't roused me early this morning, I might have slept later than Delia. Then I would have missed this opportunity to share with her a breakfast of French Toast (made from my Cranberry Walnut bread). I never get to see her in the mornings because I'm almost always at work, and although it is tempting to sleep in on a Sunday, the rewards of rising early are great.


Thanks Jack, for everything. We're happy that you have joined us.

2 comments:

Melita said...

that jack sure is a cutie. don't you just love all of the mischief that kittens get into?!

Unknown said...

Steve is meant to be climbed upon. His towering height beckons to climbing animals of all manner.