I finished this little topper last week. It is an improvised pattern loosely based on the Utopia hat I made earlier. Delia picked this yarn out of the clearance bin at ACMoore. It is Moda Dea Washable Wool. I checked it out on the interweb and it is Discontinued. Man, I guess that's what you get when you shop primarily in the clearance bin... It is a lovely yarn, the hat is super springy and the cables really stand out and look tidy. SOFT TOO! Since Delia has been wearing her Skully hat I wore this one to work today, and it is a little teeny bit too short for me, but it fits her perfectly. Maybe I will get around to making one for myself sometime soon. :)
I had a blast learning to knit cables without a cable needle on this project. The technique really makes the work progress quickly - I saved whole seconds not having to drop and pick up the cable needle constantly.
One thing I realized while working on this hat is that I need a row counter. So instead of spending cash on one I think I will just make one, however, I need some little beads with numbers on them. If any of my craftastic pals have some number beads lying around, Hook Me Up! You might be rewarded with a hand knit item.
Or you might languish in nothingland for months while I post pictures of stuff I have knitted for other people. It's a crapshoot like that, with me. Just ask my Seester. She's still wearing the hat and scarf combo I crocheted for her ten years ago, and the Blueberry Girl dress I made for her Baby Girl is sitting on my bookshelf waiting for a button, and has been Mostly Finished like that since Little Z's birthday in July. Hang On, Little Tomato, I'm working on your stuff, and I love you!