Sunday, November 22, 2009

Work, Work, Work!

The Holidays are always busy at the Bakery, and this year is no exception. My contributions to the Thanksgiving Sweets menu are quite manageable, Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake and Cookie Box, but since I don't have time to make them during the week I am going on my day off - today.

I love and hate cheesecake time. It makes me happy that people like them! But I always suffer from nerves while they're in the oven. Will they crack? Will they come out of the pan in one piece and look pretty? When I make food at home it doesn't have to look good, but retail customers appreciate it when things appear appealing as well as taste good.

I am planing on turning out at least 50 lbs of cookie dough today too, 6-10 pounds at a time in the little Hobart Mixer. YAY for butter and sugar! Snickerdoodles, Gingersnaps, Pumpkin Oatmeal, Double Chocolate Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, and good ole' Chocolate Chip. Am I forgetting anything?

And sometime today I have to buy a turkey, and make room in the fridge to thaw it out! YIKES! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Melita said...

yowza, sounds like you will be one busy lady. good luck on getting all of that accomplished - i know you will!! have a happy thanksgiving! hugs!!