- 3 slices of stale bread (although I bet leftover stuffing would work wonderfully too), crumbed
- 2 cups of turkey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- one beaten egg + a splash of turkey stock or water
- I processed the bread into crumbs separately, then ground the turkey, cranberries, onion, celery and spices together.
- Mix the meat mixture and bread together, then moisten it all with the beaten egg. If it is too dry add a touch more stock.
- Form into patties, mine were about 2 inches across. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with oil, and spray the tops with a little more oil.
- Bake in a 4oo degree oven for about 7 minutes, turn and bake for about 7 minutes more.
- 1 part spicy brown mustard
- 1 part yellow mustard
- 1 part cranberry sauce
I think these would work out well pan fried too, and if I had any left I would eat them like falafel in a pita sandwich for my lunch tomorrow.