Monday, November 29, 2010

A Week of Thanksgiving : ahem, well, y'know how it goes

On Thursday, I was thankful for a husband who willingly "took one for the team" and drank the whiskey called for in the ham recipe. He baked the ham while I was at work (yes, I volunteered, because I love my sourdough starter and it needs to be fed every day). The ham was a big hit, in fact we barely had any left over. Some time after dinner was over I caught my husband and Chris in the kitchen putting it away, and I do not mean into Tupperware containers! Although, that just proves it is a good recipe.
I was also thankful for FRIENDS! They brought all the wonderful food we consumed. ALL KINDS OF FOOD! Unbelievable amounts of food. Delicious food. I can not name all the food, although I do have a soft spot in my heart for Katie's spinach artichoke stuffing, which was beyond a doubt my favorite leftover.
We ate, drank, and were merry, and it was the best Friendsgiving since Last Friendsgiving. I hope we get to do it again next year.



Billie and Audrey

We also had Babies (although Lisa's baby stayed put and has so far not deemed it necessary to come out into the big cold world) and Children. And teenage girls who used to be babies (Audrey, your mom made me promise not to tell any When she was a Baby stories, so you're LUCKY). Time flies when you're having fun. Naomi and Delia challenged some of our hipper girlfriends to a Dance Off, and I think the old ladies got Pwned, although, to tell you the truth, I am not entirely sure what that means. Next year I am designating a photographer who is not me, so there can be more pictures. If you are a shutterbug who wants the job, send me an e-mail. It pays out in all you can eat turkey and stuffing.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Oh my! Having never met Billie (and Audrey, like only once..) seeing that picture is CRAZY awesome! That baby is just about a KID, yo!! WOW!