I brought these little tiny sweet bell peppers home from the grocery store because they were just so darn cute! SO CUTE!
No idea what to do with them though, really. Until...
Brainstorm! Brought on by leftover ham and leftover rotisserie chicken sitting next to each other in the fridge.
- Wash up the little peppers, slice the tops off and discard seeds. I did a dozen, if you are feeding more people do more. Dice up the flesh from the top of the pepper.
- Dice up half a small onion, a clove of garlic, a stalk of celery, and whatever other veggies odds and ends you like - I put in half of a small zucchini. You don't need too awful much of any one thing, I had about a cup and a half of veggies total. Start these sauteing in a skillet with a bit of oil.
- Dice up some leftover ham and chicken. I had about a cup and a half total. Leftover sausage or shrimp would be good in this too. Toss this into the skillet once the onions start to get soft.
- Add Cajun Spices! 1/2 tsp each of oregano, thyme, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. We like it hot, if you don't then use less cayenne. Or, if you happen to have some Cajun spice mix already handy, that would work too.
- Stir in a cup of rice, cook till heated through. If you don't have any as leftovers then it is easy enough to make.
- Spoon into peppers. You will have to use a little spoon.
- Arrange on a baking sheet, Spray or drizzle with oil. Roast at 375 for about 15 minutes or till the pepper skins start to blister just a little bit.