Monday, May 30, 2016

Rock Therapy


The initial idea for this back corner flower bed.
Now with twice as many landscape bricks.

I played with those bricks like they were giant toy blocks, reconfiguring the wall several times.

At this point the project grew in magnitude. The wall wanted to be part of a circle.

Here with just my eyeballs and instinct I begin to lay out the circle that has formed in my mind. 

After some internet research, I get down to the nitty gritty of making the whole thing level.  
This is the current state of the Fern Garden.  I think I am finished with it for now, as I get to work on the rest of this earthwork project and finish building the circle.


So far I am up to 42 bricks, which seems like a pretty good place to rest for a while as I research the next phase of the project which will be a brick or tile patio.

No comments: